Saturday, May 5, 2012

Every Day May (Wild Animal Park)

So Breckin has been requesting a trip to the "animal park" for weeks now.  I tried to make him happy with trips to PetCo to see the animals, but it was never good enough.  His request eventually grew to be "bird show" followed immediately by "animal park" (the bird show at the wild animal park is one of his favorite things!)  We finally had a free Saturday so we made plans to go to the Wild Animal Park.  I told him last night that "in the morning we're going to go to the animal park!" and he got SO excited and didn't fight at all to go to bed.  This morning we all got up and got ready to head out.  He was excited and cheering the whole way down.  "Bird Show!" and "Animal Park!", "Map!" would occasionally come out of his mouth during the drive down.

As we turned into the parking lot, he threw his hands in the air and said "ANIMAL PARK!"  We promptly found a parking space, unloaded and entered the park.  He grabbed a map and galloped excitedly towards the "Baby. Monkey. Ah Ah."  As we made our way towards the Gorilla enclosure to see Baby Monroe, Bryce sadly said "I don't see the Bird Show listed on the schedule."  I took the map and looked all around, I didn't see it either.  This could be bad.  Breckin LOVES the Bird Show!  I figured we'd just distract him with elephants and monkeys and maybe he wouldn't even notice.

We turned the corner and entered the Gorilla Trail and were presented with a very sad situation... The Gorilla enclosure was being renovated!!  So not only was there no Bird Show, Breckin wasn't even going to be able to see Baby Monroe.  Breckin sadly looked all over the enclosure asking for "Baby?  Monkey?"  We told him they were on vacation and would be back in a few weeks.  We decided we'd take him to the petting zoo on the way out to make up for him missing the Gorillas and the Bird Show.  We went and rode the tram, which Breckin always enjoys.  We saw the elephants, another of his favorite things to do at the Animal Park.  We tried to see the Tigers, who of course were hiding out somewhere in their enclosure.

We then decided to head towards the exit and stop off at the petting zoo on our way out... would you believe it was closed too?!?!  We just could NOT win today! haha, luckily Breckin was pretty ready to leave, so he didn't mind not going to the petting zoo.  We stopped and got lunch on the way home and everyone took naps in the car, so all in all I think it was a successful day, though I know it will only be a matter of time before he starts asking for the "Animal Park", "Bird Show" and "MAP!" again and we'll make another trip down, hopefully after all the renovating is done so we can see all our favorite things!

No comments: