So, I wasn't entirely sure how to title this post. It was going to be about the top 5 people whose brains I would LOVE to pick so I could learn from them if I had the chance. The top 4 people are pretty solidly in their places, but that 5th spot fluctuates and right now there are 3 possibilities and I didn't want to talk about 7 people, so I decided to just tackle the top 4. These are people whose work within the realms of Film and Television is so impressive to me that to be able to even be 1/100th of as talented as they are would be incredible for me!
I'll start with:
#4 - J.J. Abrams - this man is incredible (and I've never even seen Lost, can you believe it?) The show Fringe is one of the most impressive things I've EVER seen on television (maybe ever!) and his reboot of Stars Trek was amazing.
#3 - Christopher Nolan - I've never seen a movie of his that hasn't blown my mind! I canNOT wait for Dark Knight Rises! Bryce thinks he should make every movie!
#2 - Joss Whedon - Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 'nuff said :) but still, I'll add FIREFLY (Out of Gas was my favorite episode!)
and the #1 person in Hollywood whose brain I'd like to pick is.........
#1 - Cameron Crowe - His movies are just SO so so good. My favorite is Elizabethtown, even though I recognize it isn't his "best" (that's probably Jerry Maguire.) I eagerly await each film he does (We Bought a Zoo seemed like it was FOREVER after his last film) and can't wait to see what comes next! The reason why he's #1 is because I think his "style" is most like unto my own (the films he makes are closest to what I would dream to make) and therefore I think he would be most helpful to me. I love that he can make me cry and laugh and think all in the same movie (and every time I watch it.)
For anyone who's interested, the 3 people tied for my fifth spot right now are: Zach Braff, Andrew W Marlowe and Ron Moore :)
No comments:
Post a Comment