Friday, May 4, 2012
Every Day May Blogging (about my dream job)
Yesterday I wrote about my actual job, today I decided to write about my dream job! Now of course, staying home with my kids is most important to me, which is why it's great my dream job can be done from home also! If you read yesterday's post you know I studied Writing for Film and TV in college, so it's not a stretch to deduce that my dream job is to be a screenwriter! I've loved writing for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first (complete) screenplay in HS! I've started numerous others, written a few short films and even a couple years ago wrote a television pilot. I have a hundred ideas still locked inside my head, and only a very limited amount of time each week to actually do anything with them. So I write when I can, jot down ideas and thoughts on scraps of paper and spend most of my time planning and plotting out what I'll do when I actually have a chunk of time to sit down and write. I also try and watch quality Film and TV to help inspire me to want to contribute to the genre. Most of the time I write because I enjoy it and not because I'm trying to get my big break. I'm hoping the summer will afford me at least a little time to complete
my most recent idea, but if I don't become a famous screenwriter this
year, it's okay! I still have a lifetime to make it happen and in the
end, if it doesn't, I'll always be grateful that writing is such a
therapeutic experience for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment