Monday, May 14, 2012

Every Day May Blogging (Nails)

So, for every way that I'm NOT girly, there is one girly thing I've always enjoyed!  Getting my nails done!  In the beginning I used to just get the french manicure acrylics done.  Then, when I was working in San Francisco I got them done every month in the OPI color "I'm not really a waitress"


Something about the deep red color said "professional" to me, so I just stuck with the same color all the time, since I was wearing a suit everyday.

Then a few years later, I was catching up on Scrubs and in the third season Elliot goes through this whole transformation and starts wearing this dark nail polish, and for some reason I thought that was just the COOLEST look haha, so for the next few years I only wore really DARK colors like these: 


Just recently I decided to "lighten" thing up and bought these colors (Breckin actually picked out the orange color!)


This is the color I'm currently wearing.  It's a pretty grey color (that I couldn't find the bottle anywhere)


Anyway, I love having my nails painted, but for some reason I have a terrible time keeping my nails from chipping (as you can see from the picture above!)  I've tried lots of things and next on my list of experiments is to try the new gel polish stuff that's out there.  I've heard lots of good things about it, so I may cough up the money and buy a bottle in a generic color I can wear a lot, just to see how it works for me!

2 comments:

JacqueRae said...

Sarah-
I got the Shellac done on my nails and loved it so much i bought everything to be able to do it myself, its as easy to apply as nail polish but need a uv light to cure it, it is great though and wont chip for two weeks.

rachel said...

I love that "I'm not a waitress color!" so fierce! I love having my toes done, but my nails always chip too. Then nail polish gets in dough when I knead it. Ew... So I usually go without. I'm getting my nails done for my sis's wedding next week though, so thanks for some great color ideas!