Monday, May 21, 2012

Every Day May Blogging (Driving in CA)

It's sad when after a long day of running errands, I get home and think "if only I could NEVER leave the house again, I would be happy!"  Not only are there rude people in every store you go to (really? you're going to park your cart in the middle of the aisle while you walk down the next aisle getting the items you need?) but the people on the roads in California are the WORST!  I used to try and walk places, so as not to have to deal with the idiot drivers, but one day Breckin and I were almost hit by a person running a stop sign and that put an end to that!  I mean, we still go walking, but only in the neighborhood, not near town or the stores or the school, not unless I'm feeling really brave!

Anyway, parking lots are the worst for me.  People are SO crazy to get the closest possible parking space that they will almost run someone over so they can get there first!  I hate when they wait for your parking space too!  Maybe it's just me, but when you see me JUST leaving the store with a cart full of groceries and TWO kids, there's no reason to wait for my space!  You could park on the other end of the parking lot and WALK into the store and still get there before I'd be done loading up and pulling out of my space!  But people don't want to do that... I had a lady once wait for my space and so, because I was annoyed, I took my time getting everything loaded up.  I wasn't going SLOW, but I wasn't rushing either.  She actually pulled away at one point (I thought to get another space) but she was just circling the lot to come back around and wait some more (she probably did this because she was in a huge SUV and she was waiting right in the middle of the main road in the lot so she was blocking lots of people!)

I had a girl today cut her left turn REALLY close and drive into my oncoming lane (hope that makes sense) and of course she A) was driving really fast on our street (which is 25 MPH) B) was talking on her cell phone and C) had the audacity to shoot ME a dirty look when I braked quickly because I noticed she was coming in my lane.  I probably was giving her a dirty look too, but she was in MY lane!

We live in a nice neighborhood on a pretty long street (which I said before is only 25 MPH) and there are no stop signs for a good portion of the street, so people are always BLAZING down our street.  It drives me crazy!  I've actually had people PASS me on our street because I'm "only" going the speed limit!  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a speed limit stickler, but when you're in a NEIGHBORHOOD where there may be KIDS playing, I think it's a good idea to be a little cautious!  I hate speed bumps, but I almost wouldn't mind if they put some on my street just to keep people from zipping through.  We actually had 2 motorcycles RACING on our street one night.

Maybe I didn't think like such an old lady until I had kids, but I really think that's part of my problem.  If someone were to hit my car, it's not just ME that could get hurt, it's generally Breckin and Harper too (since I'm rarely without them these days.)  It just seems like people are so concerned about themselves and what they need/want that they don't consider how their actions may affect those around them... that's probably a topic for another day!  I'm done venting now... thanks for listening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true! people are out with so much anger. There is no patience or kindness!

Anonymous said...

Why are people the worst about finding close parking spots at the gym???