So a few posts back I wrote about my celebrity crushes, which included John Mayer (affectionately referred to as "Johnny" in the Brimhall house.) Well not only is today the day his new album (Born & Raised) was released, it's also the day Bryce's favorite band released a new album! Bryce loves The Cult, which people usually find funny since they were really big when Bryce was little.
So I was looking up both albums on Amazon, figuring we'd just order them there and when I talked to Bryce at lunch he suggested I take the kids to Best Buy to get them. He's so excited he doesn't want to wait the 2 days for them to come from Amazon. He also commented on how it's more fun to have the actual CD than buy the audio downloads. So I think once the kids are up from their naps, we'll go pick Bryce up from basketball practice and have a little field trip to Best Buy!
I'm really excited, not only to hear Johnny's new album (the one song I've heard off it so far is great!) I'm also excited to hear the new Cult album. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of them before Bryce and now I have a few of their songs on my iPod and really enjoy them. I hope Bryce likes it and I kind of hope they go on a little tour so we can go. Bryce had never seen them before and they were RARELY touring, back when we were just dating and I got the idea to sign up for a Ticket Master alert in case they were even performing in our area. Low and behold I got a message a little while later and I bought tickets and we went. I think we've seen them a couple more times since then too.
Sadly, I know that Johnny won't be touring anytime soon since he's been having his ongoing throat issues, so I'll just have to enjoy this album for now and hope I'm not pregnant or having a baby when he does eventually go on tour again so I can try and make it! I am excited that he said he's going to start working on writing his next album while he's going through treatment and recovering, so that's fun!
Anyway, I'm excited to get both the CDs tonight and start listening to them. What music are you currently listening to?

No comments:
Post a Comment