So, since I've already mentioned him, I'll just say briefly, that I really, really adore John Mayer. I have for years and years. (Rachel Davis, you know what I'm talking about! Haha). Before I had kids I would go see him on tour every year (living in Southern California helps because there are lots of places for him to play.) One funny Johnny story, then I'll move on. When I was pregnant with Breckin, Johnny was getting ready to tour for Continuum (or was it Battle Studies? I can't remember) and tickets were going on sale on Nov 28th at 10am (the concert was in February I think.) Mind you, Breckin's due date was Dec 5th and I knew this would probably be one of my last chances to go see him in concert, so I wanted to get good tickets and "go out with a bang" so to speak. So I planned to get up early and buy tickets the MOMENT they went on sale. Well, Thanksgiving was 2 days before and for some reason I felt the need to talk to my sister-in-law, Brittini, about buying the tickets for me "in case I was in labor or something" - I wasn't really anticipating having Breckin early, but I'm SO glad I had that conversation, because Breckin was born on Nov 28th at 3am! So, Britt signed on and bought me tickets while I was in the hospital, having just given birth! Whew, long story for not even my #1 Crush! If I had to pick my #1 Celebrity Crush, it would probably be Nathan Fillion (aka Captain Hammer, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, and/or Rick Castle) - he is just SO charming and lovely. I follow him fairly regularly on twitter (I don't actually have a twitter account, so I just check in on his periodically) and he just seems so regular and funny. I love that he loves all things GEEK! I also love that everyone else is starting to love him because of Castle, because not only is he handsome, he's a talented actor as well. I love him so much that when working on one of my recent screenplays, I actually wrote a cameo for him (as Castle) because I'd just want to meet him haha. I don't know if that's "allowed" (including an already established character, that you didn't create, in something you're writing) but if I ever get to the point of pitching it, I'll ask!
I'll just reiterate my crush on Dirk. While I prefer him with shortly hair, he just seems like a genuinely nice guy. He's a superstar in the NBA who doesn't have an agent! He has a childhood friend back in Germany who looks over all his contracts for him. He's played his entire career for one team. He took LESS money (though it's still an outrageous amount) on his last contract, so the team would have more money to sign better players to increase their chance of winning a championship (and they DID!) In addition to these things, he's a big lerpy, white guy who kills it in the NBA! He moves and plays JUST LIKE BRYCE. I'm not joking, the run the same, fall the same... ok, they don't shoot exactly the same (though Bryce has been practicing the one legged fall away jumper) but Bryce shoots pretty dang well. So, for these reasons and more, I have a crush on Dirk!
Okay, another Celebrity Crush of mine is David Boreanaz. If you noticed in my Television Show post, I LOVE Joss Whedon shows and therefore have a deep love for Angel. That loved transcended the television show continuum and moved on to Seely Booth (on the show Bones, though if you look at those two characters, they are VERY similar! Anyway, that's another post.) I will say, there was a little love lost between me and David when stories started surfacing about him cheating on his wife (have you SEEN her, she's amazingly beautiful, why would you ever cheat on someone like that?) Additionally, I had my feelings hurt when Bryce and I attended Comic Con 2009 (I was pregnant with Breckin at the time) and I waited in the same room for an ENTIRE day so I could see David on the Bones panel... and then.... HE WASN'T THERE!! It was a sad day for me! I regularly watched Bones until about mid-way through season 5 and the only reason I hung on that long was because of David/Booth and my love for them, but it wasn't enough to keep me watching, sadly. I'll be excited to see what he does next.
I think my longest lasting Celebrity Crush would have to be Matt Damon. I've had a thing for him since my senior year in high school when I saw Good Will Hunting for the first time. First of all, the movie is AMAZING (though now I have a hard time with the language, must be my old age!) and the fact that he and Ben WROTE it, was just inspiring to me. It was after seeing that movie that I wrote my first screenplay (with him in mind for the lead role, of course, though now he's about 20 years too old for it!) I'm trying to think of a movie I've seen him in that I didn't like, and right now none are coming to mind. If you haven't seen We Bought a Zoo (his most recent movie, I think) you should definitely check it out, it's wonderful! Anyway, I love that he's been married to his wife (a non-celebrity) for a "long time" (especially in Hollywood terms) - and I love that he's a dad to all girls. Now this is a perfect time to segue into Bryce's celebrity crushes, because Matty is one that we share :)
Here are Bryce's (in no particular order):
Heather Graham
Zooey Deschanel
Eliza Dushku
(Late 90's) Kristy Swanson
Yvonne Strahovski
Ok, your turn to share! Who are you celebrity crushes? Tell me in the comments!









No comments:
Post a Comment