Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Every Day May Blogging (The Muppets)

I grew up LOVING the Muppets.  I think I would've watched Muppets take Manhattan every day if I was allowed!  So a couple of years ago when I heard there was a new Muppets movie coming out, I was SO excited to get to share the Muppets with my kids (well kid, singular, at the time.)  Then I heard that Jason Segal was not only going to be IN the movie, he was writing the script and that sealed the deal for me... there was NO WAY this movie could be bad!! 

I patiently awaited the release of this exciting adventure into my childhood memories and finally the appointed day came that we planned to take Breckin to see the movie.  Since this would be one of his first times going to an actual movie theatre, we decided to wait until it was playing at the cheap theatre so it wouldn't be a total waste of a LOT of money if we had to leave early.  Bryce's entire family was in town and we were going as a big group.  I thought this would increase the likelihood that Breckin would sit through the movie, lots of laps to sit on.  Regardless, the experience was less than enjoyable.  Breckin wouldn't sit still for more than 10 minutes at any given time and since I was pretty pregnant, that meant Bryce spent the majority of the movie standing in the back, holding him.  He was out in the hallway during the Muppet or a Man song!  It was very sad because that might have been my favorite part of the whole movie!

Anyway, flash forward to last month.  We're members of the Disney Movie Club and the featured movie in April was The Muppets and I contemplated getting it.  I went back and forth and back and forth and finally just did it.  I enjoyed the movie, and someday in the future there was a chance Breckin would like it, right?  The movie arrived yesterday and it was sitting on my desk when Breckin happened upon it.  He started asking if we could watch it, but it was too late to put it on.  I promised him we'd watch it today.  And watch it we did.  THREE times! (NO JOKE!)  He kept saying "More.  Muppets?"  "More. Ribbit Ribbit?" (that's his way of asking for Kermit!)  He's laughing, jumping around, singing along to the songs... loving it in general and I couldn't be happier!  It's so fun to share something like this with your own child.  Maybe by the time the next Muppets movie comes out Breckin will be ready to sit in a movie theatre for a whole movie!

No comments: