Sunday, May 20, 2012

Every Day May Blogging (Wes Anderson)

So, Bryce loves Wes Anderson - he is EASILY Bryce's favorite filmmaker.  Anyway, Wes Anderson has a new movie coming out this week (Moonrise Kingdom) and Bryce is really excited.  So we've decided to do a countdown to seeing the movie and we're going to watch one of Wes Anderson's films (in chronological order) each day building up to seeing Moonrise Kingdom on the last night.  It should be fun.  I've seen most of his films and enjoyed them, so it will be fun to re-watch them!

Here are Wes Anderson's films (in order):

Bottle Rocket (1996) (This is Bryce's favorite of the bunch)












Rushmore (1998)









The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) (Bryce says this is Wes Anderson's best film)










The Life Acquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) (This is probably Bryce's least favorite)









The Darjeeling Limited (2007)










Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)










Wes Anderson is kind of like Cameron Crowe (to me) in that he only comes out with a movie every few years, so it's really exciting when it happens!  Since Crowe just released a movie last year, I'm sure we'll be waiting awhile for his next, but maybe we'll do the same countdown thing when it does happen!

1 comment:

Kiersten said...

So, I have seen about half of that Wes Anderson list. My favorite being Darjeeling Limited (one of my fave films period) and least favorite being Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think Wes is a real creative thinker; he's told some interesting stories and brought some fabulous actors together. I don't know much about his new movie but it looks good.