Thursday, May 3, 2012

Every Day May Blogging (about my job)

What? 2 posts in 2 days?  What's happening??  Don't panic!  I'm just participating in Every Day May Blogging (at the suggestion of my friend Rachel, go check out her blog) I don't know exactly what I'll write about for 30 blog entries, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.  For today's entry, I've decided to write a little about my job.  Most people know I work for a company called Liquid Health.  Other people have no idea I work at all, so I thought I'd share a little about my company and what I do for them.  To start with, I've been working for Liquid Health since I moved to Southern California in 2004 (so we're going on 8 years, wow!)  Liquid Health manufactures liquid vitamin supplements for people and pets.  I started out working full time in the office as the office manager.  When I found out I was pregnant with Breckin, my boss gave me the option to work from home when the baby was born, and I quickly took him up on it.  Since January 2010 I've been working from home (approximately 2 hours a day) doing data entry, order entry, payment processing, responding to emails and other various other duties, then in November 2011 my job description changed again.  They decided to shift my duties to be more closely related to what I went to school for (my degree is in Communications with an emphasis on Writing for Film and Television.)  They started having me write information articles about our various products and other health related topics, to be posted on our website for our customers to read and gain more information.  It's been quite fun and I feel like I've actually been learning quite a bit, so that's always good.  Now for the quick (but painless) sales pitch :) if you want to check out what we have to offer to go our website.  Our products are all natural and manufactured in the United States.  I feel very blessed to be able to have a job that allows me to stay home with the kids while also utilizing the skills I learned in college (I did study PR and Journalism for awhile, so it kind of relates, right?)  In all in, I'm very lucky to work for such a wonderful company.

Hm, now what should I write about tomorrow?! :) Any ideas or requests haha?  Comment below!

No comments: