Thursday, May 2, 2013

Every Day May 2013: Reading List

So, I've recently started reading again!  I credit it in large part to the fact that I'm sitting on a bike at the gym for 20-40 min/day, so I might as well be reading during that time!  I've always enjoyed reading, but have found it incredibly hard with little kids.  I'm currently attempting a book for the third time (not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I'd go such long periods of time between readings I would forget what was happening and have to start over!)

I've decided to share my current reading list - these are books I'm either currently reading, or plan to read in the very near future!




The Historian - I'm 9 chapters into this book (for the third time... this may be the furthest I've gotten, I can't quite remember) - it's about Vampires, but not the sparkly or romanticized kind.  It's the authors first novel and it came HIGHLY recommended by my father-in-law (which, if you know him, means a lot!)





The Great Gatsby - The movie release is quickly approaching and I'd been hoping to re-read the book before going to see it.  It's looking less and less likely this will actually happen, but I shall give it a try.  Besides, Bryce keeps quoting passages to me (random and obscure ones at that) and acting annoyed when I don't know they are from Gatsby.  I've only read it once (not the 50+ times he has) so I figure I should make a feeble attempt to catch up.






The Next Best Thing - It's about a screenwriter trying to make it in LA... right up my alley, right?  It also came recommended by my good friend, Rachel, who always has good books to recommend!






Cloud Atlas - I know virtually nothing about this (on purpose) except that the movie bombed.  I'd heard the book was pretty great so I found a used copy and it has been on my reading list for the last few months.







Fatal Voyage - I'm part way through this Kathy Reichs book (she's the "inspiration" for the television show, Bones, which most of you know I used to LOVE!)  I've read a number of her books and really enjoyed them all.  So far this one is no exception!




I feel like there are (or should be) more, but I think this is quite an ambitious reading list for a working-at-home, mom of 2!  What books are you reading or would recommend?  Hit me up in the comments!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Whooo! I hope you like it.