So there was no blog post yesterday and you're not going to get much today... I was all excited to come home from our day at Preston and Ann's house to find a poem I'd written in college to post to the blog last night. Then we got home and found water dripping from our kitchen ceiling... not exactly what I had in mind. We called 3 plumbers right away. One said he couldn't make it out to us until Wednesday, the other 2 didn't call us back... GREAT! We had turned off the water and the dripping stopped so we went to bed and decided to deal with it today.
Today came and one of the original plumbers called us back and we scheduled for them to come out and give us an estimate at 10:30am. Around 10:20am I got a phone call that they were running late and could come in the afternoon. I tried two more plumbers with no luck.
I had some errands in the afternoon and got home around 5pm and had two messages from 2 different plumbers and also another friend a family friend who's a contractor. I decided to ask him to come take a look for us since I knew he'd be honest with us. He came by and gave us his opinion and suggestions and Bryce is now going to attempt to fix it (with the help of his dad) this weekend... yea!
Did I forget to mention our homeowners insurance deductible is $2000? Hence the wanting to fix it on our own thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment