Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Every Day May 2013: Clearing the clutter update

So I thought it was appropriate after my initial clearing the clutter post to share a follow up.  It's been two weeks since I cleared out the majority of the kids toys and I've noticed a few things since then.

First, they have hardly even noticed the toys are gone and they haven't even asked about anything that's in the box in the garage.

Second, cleaning up at the end of the day is WAY easier!  What used to take me 30-45 minutes at the end of the day now takes less than 10 minutes!

Third, we are reading more books each day since one whole cubby is now filled with books instead of toys.

So all in all, I feel like the "experiment" has been successful, maybe even a little surprising, but now I'm debating what to do with the huge box of toys in the garage!  I also need to decide where my clearing the clutter focus needs to be turned next... I'm thinking my office/desk area!

No comments: