So today Bryce took Breckin to our niece's birthday party. Harper woke up with a goopy eye and I didn't feel comfortable taking her to a party, so I stayed home with her. We hung out and watched movies, read books and took some pictures. I also did dishes, laundry, vacuumed and did 2 hours of work while she was napping. I was shocked at how much I was able to get done in just half a day since I only had one kid to take care of.
I love both my kids immensely, don't get me wrong, and maybe it's just because they are both at a bit of a "hard" age, but it is incredibly hard to get anything done on most days. The fact that Breckin hasn't taken naps in a year adds to my inability to be productive on any given day. So the fact that we've been talking about Baby Brimhall #3 makes me wonder: have we gone crazy???
I'm "getting up there" in age (I'll be 33 this year) and we'd like to have at least 1, probably 2 (and if you ask Bryce, possibly 3) more kids, so I don't want to put it off too much longer because, of course, the risks start going up as you get older. It's also nice to have kids close in age, although maybe not when they are both in the "terrible twos" stage, which can last from 18 months - 3+ years old! But with Breckin's birthday so late, he still has two FULL school years at home before he starts kinder, which means that unless we waited another year to have a baby, I'll have at least 1 year at home with 3 kids! It just sounds stressful and incredibly hectic to me... but I guess at the end of the day I need to remember that, it may be hard for a few years while they are really young, but it will get more manageable with time... right?? :) Someone please back me up here... please?

2 comments:
Sarah, my daughter's husband's family had 5 kids in like 7 years--they got a later start, so they also scrambled to have theirs. They are all wonderful, and they are such close siblings as adults. I see lots of benefits, although it's a LOT of work for mom. But in my opinion, it's filled with many blessings. Our 5 are spread over 10 years, which was nice, but not having that "luxury", you do what's right for you! You are still young and healthy, and those kids will thrive with each other. And be realistic with yourself--priorities: 1) Keep alive and safe, 2) Enjoy them! The house and other tasks can wait. :D Hugs.
I saw an article on KSL recently that said having 4 children is easier than having 3... so just keep at it, apparently strength in numbers works.
Post a Comment