Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Every Day May 2013: The Day Before Tomorrow

So like I blogged earlier in the month, I entered a scriptwriting contest recently.  Tomorrow is the day they announce the 10 finalists in each category.  I entered the 60 min drama category (the contest is for television script writing.)  I'm feeling eager anticipation for tomorrow.  I don't really feel like I'm gonna get chosen, and while that would be a little disappointing, I'll be free to take my pilot script (of which I'm pretty proud) make a couple of revisions and head out into the big, bad world of Hollywood and see what opportunities there are for me.
 
I'm, of course, still hoping I'm chosen as a finalist and ultimately named the winner (I mean, who wouldn't!)  But I know it won't be the end of the world if I don't win.  I feel like this contest gave me a push in the right direction.  It forced me to register my script so I can share it without fear of it being stolen.  It has also forced me to take a closer look at the initial script and the overall story line I envision.  In reality, I could sell the story idea and they could do whatever they want with it, but I still have a vision (and it's at least 3 seasons long!!)
 
Anyway, tomorrow will be the day of truth and I'll either have my script back or be moving on to the "finals" of this contest.  Either way, it's a good thing, in my mind (but I still would love to win, haha!)

No comments: