Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bryce's Birthday Surprise

So, I was feeling really bad that Bryce spent (essentially) the last 3.5 weeks of his summer vacation working on the roof, sometimes for 12 hours a day, sometimes getting up at 5am, something in the 100 degree heat. So when they finally finished and Bryce's birthday was the following weekend, I wanted to do something special. Call it a reward, I don't know. So I booked a hotel in San Diego for the weekend. It was a total surprise. Wednesday of that week I frantically packed up a bag for both of us and put them in my trunk while Bryce ran out to get dinner. Then on Thursday he came and met Brittini and I for dinner in Murrieta and from there I just kidnapped him and we went down to SD. I just wanted to have a nice and relaxing weekend and I knew if we stayed at home we'd either work around the house or feel pressure to do work around the house, and neither would be "nice and relaxing"!

Friday we got up and the first thing Bryce wanted to do was go see a movie! Can you believe it? We're a few miles from the beach and he wants to see a movie! Haha! But, it was HIS birthday, so we went to see G.I. Joe. The rest of the day we just bummed around and we went to Outback for dinner. Saturday we spent a few hours at the beach and I took a couple of pictures to document the event.

Here's Bryce doing what he'd always prefer to be doing: READING! Can you see his killer farmer tan from working on the roof!
I actually made him get up and go in the water (at least a little ways in.)
Here's the baby at the beach.
Just standing there in the water.

Pregnant lady on the beach!


There's always money in the Banana Stand!
After the beach we went and ate at Fatburger and this is what Bryce got. It was probably the biggest burger I've ever seen, so I had to take a picture!

We hung around San Diego for the rest of the day and then headed home Saturday night because Bryce had early meetings on Sunday. All in all I think the surprise birthday weekend was a success.

5 comments:

Kimberly Grafton said...

Happy birthday Bryce!! And you almost can't see your toes anymore Sarah!

Kristin said...

I love the picture of your belly! So cute!

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

What a great wife to do such a nice surprise....but he certainly deserved it! Happy Birthday Bryce....by the way the movie, the reading at the beach, I know why Bryce and Travis are friends!

Stacy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! baby's first beach trip!!!!! i literally laughed out loud (by myself) at the "baby at the beach" comment!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday, Bryce! Sorry we missed it. We've missed pretty much everyone's birthday this year. Life is crazy busy. Love to the three of you. Bobbi & Jim