Friday, April 18, 2008

Ireland - Day Two

The flight over was pretty bumpy, so I did my best to sleep as much as I could. We finally made it into Dublin around 12:30 (as opposed to 9:30 which was originally when we were supposed to get in.) We tracked down our luggage and, here's the kicker, IT WAS SOAKING WET. I'm not lying. It was dripping STILL after 8 hours, so we're thinking it must have gotten pretty drenched while sitting outside in Atlanta. Luckily the clothes inside were only moderately damp and seemed to dry up by the next day. We found my family and made our way to the rental car, and this is what we saw.

This is honestly what we drove all over Ireland! Wait until the flat tire pictures.

After loading up the "bus" we headed back to Hertz to pick up a GPS (since my family had already gotten lost between picking up the van, going to the B&B and coming back to the airport to get us.) From there, we headed back to the B&B, below is a picture of our room. It was small, but nice and we had our own bathroom/shower, which was definitely a plus!



After dropping off our stuff and changing clothes, we decided to take a bus into downtown Dublin (we couldn't imagine trying to park that monstrosity downtown.) Luckily there was a bus stop less then a mile from where we were staying. The bus drivers in Dublin are NUTS!

This is how close they parked to each other on the side street where they dropped us off.

We walked around a little, went into some shops and finally ended up in a pub (I knew it wouldn't take too long.) We also found something to eat and then headed back to the B&B for the best shower I've ever taken (maybe only because I'd been traveling for over 24 hours.)

Mike and Danny enjoying their first Ireland beer.

We saw this guy in one of the shops and thought he was funny.

Almost a mix between a leprauchan and Hitler!

No comments: