I half-heartedly attempted to lose the weight again after the beginning of the New Year, but (of course) had no luck! I finally broke down and decided I needed to join a gym, I needed to do something different in order to see results. Over Spring Break I made a decision to dedicate myself to exercising more, adding in some weight training and watching what I was eating. It's been two weeks and I'm down 2 lbs, which may not seem like much, but I'm going for a lifestyle change here, not quick, dramatic results!
There are 2 big factors that are helping me in my quest to be healthier and lose weight. The first is my membership at Fitness 19. It's the only gym in the area I could afford a membership and kids' club memberships for both kids. They don't offer many classes, but I'm not doing the classes anyway. I'm alternating between a Couch to 5k Treadmill training routine with a weight circuit using the machines at the gym. It's been wonderful so far. The kids enjoy the kids' club and I enjoy being able to work out in peace :)
The other factor that's contributing to my rededication to a healthy lifestyle is my FitBit. I know I've posted about it before, but I still believe it's a great help to me. I've been working harder at logging my food and being aware of what I'm eating and ultimately staying within the calorie range my FitBit gives me (based on my activity level that day and how much weight I'm trying to lose, which is approximately 1 pound/week. Like I said, I'm not going for dramatic changes, I'm going for an overall lifestyle change, with the added benefit of losing a few pounds.)
It's only been two weeks, but I feel like the changes I've made are changes I can stick with for the long haul (ask me again when there's another baby in the mix, but for now I'm feeling good!)
I've learned that being healthy doesn't have to be hard but it is a choice we make, so I'm trying to make that choice each and every day! Hopefully I'll be posting back here in a month or so with more good news!
No comments:
Post a Comment