So I've recently decided to recommit myself to blogging. Not only as a way to keep family and friends updated on the happenings in our life, but also as a record (or journal, if you will) of our family at this time in our lives!
Since last I posted we've been busy, growing, talking, cleaning, organizing, writing and all sorts of other things. Harper is as spunky and sassy as ever, talking more at 1.5 years old than Breckin was just a few short months ago (maybe that's an exaggeration, but only a slight one!) She's not afraid to say "NO!" or yell at "Breeeeeckin" (she drags it out like that, it's cute) but she's also very polite saying "please" and "thank you" almost without prompting. She's sweet and funny and growing like a weed, we get asked almost weekly if she and Breckin are twins! Her current loves include Dora and Diego, Blue's Clues, birds, riding in her wagon and reading books.
Breckin is turning into such a little boy. At 3.5 years old, he no longer has the baby look that I thought he'd hold onto forever! He's speaking so much more and more clearly, it's hard to believe he got off to such a slow start. There are actually days where I have to ask him to stop talking to me for a minute so I can think or concentrate or whatever it is I'm trying to do. He loves Transformers Rescue Bots, all superheroes (mainly Iron Man), animals, dinosaurs and going to preschool. He's recently started writing a few letters, but his favorite is H (because it's Harper's special letter!)
Bryce has been keeping busy with his heavy teaching load (3 AP classes, 1 IB and 1 Regular), basketball and he's still serving as our ward's Elders Quorum President. He does a great job of balancing everything (though he thinks he doesn't) and he still finds/makes the time to play Ghost (a game I'm pretty sure Breckin made up) or Hide-and-Seek with the kids. They love playing with their daddy when he gets home from school.
I've been trying hard to find a good balance between all the things I need to do, all the things I want to do and all the things I think I should do... it's been an interesting few months. In the course of reorganizing and prioritizing my life I've been able to spend a little more time writing (not as much as I'd like) and I joined a gym and have actually been going consistently which feels good. I've also been reading more (spending time on the bike at the gym is helping with this) and doing a lot of organizing around the house. I feel like I'm headed in a good direction, for now, sometime down the road we'll add another baby to our family and I'll have to start all over, but for now I'll keep plugging along!
Something fun we did recently as a family was participate in a 5K Color Run. We did it with Bryce's parents, his oldest brother and his wife and his oldest sister and her husband and kids. It was the first race I've ever done and not that we were competing, but it was still fun. The kids had a blast and Breckin actually spent a good part of the time running or walking on his own. We were all filthy by the end which the kids thought was just awesome. I think it's definitely something we'll do again as a family.
Okay, I think I'll end here... don't want to overwhelm you all (any of you who are still out there that is...) with too much Brimhall at once!! I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of the kids and a promise to write again soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment