We are so excited!!
Baby Brimhall #2 coming September 5, 2011
(do you see his/her tongue sticking out at us? this baby is already sassy!)

So, by now some of you know that our little Brimhall family will be expanding in a few months, but I figured it was time to make the knowledge public! We thought it would be fun to see how long we could go without telling everyone, but it's getting to the point where we can't hide the fact there's a baby in my belly anymore :) so I'll address a few of the questions I've been getting most, and feel free to ask anything you're curious about in the comments!!
*First of all (and probably most often asked) NO, we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby (YES, AGAIN!) neither of us HAVE to know, so we figure, why not just wait. Everything worked out great with Breckin after all! I realize this may put a crimp in some people's gift buying fun (as I've been told) and I apologize, but we're not changing our mind :)
*Secondly, I've been considerably more sick this go around. Just about the time the 1st trimester sickness was starting to fade I got the flu and was laid up for another two weeks :( needless to say, it's been a less than enjoyable past 4 months! I've been feeling MUCH better with much more energy these last few weeks, which is great!
*So far, Breckin has no idea what's going on (he is only 16 months after all.) He'll climb on me or hit, push, kick my belly (none of these things hard) and I tell him "Don't hit your brother or sister" - eventually he'll realize something is up :)
*No, we're not moving Breckin to a "big boy" bed or potty training him before the baby is born (I was a little surprised someone even thought we would.) He will only be about 21 months when the baby is born and I feel like that's a little early for both those things. The baby will stay in our room for a few months anyway and then we'll address the fact that we only have 1 crib and see if Breckin is ready to move across the hall. Potty training is something I don't even want to think about before the baby is born and my plan is to let Bryce take a run at it over Christmas break and see how interested Breckin is and just play it by ear.
Hm, I think that's about all in relation to Baby Brimhall #2, just a quick update on Breckin. Last time I posted his platelet count was going up and all was looking good, then we did another test and his levels dropped to 23,000 (his doctor called us at 9:30 pm to give us the test results... talk about SCARY!) She called Loma Linda the next morning and talked to 4 different hematologists and they all said the same thing, since he's not showing other symptoms: keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't play too rough (ie. no climbing on things he can fall off of, no going to the park, no rough housing, etc.) and test again in a week or so and see what happens. His doctor was a little more nervous than they were, so we went in two days later for another test (just to make sure the numbers weren't still going down) and the results came back 45,000! So, that was a bit of a relief. We're going to hold off as long as possible before testing again in the hopes that his levels will return to "normal" (which is 100,000) and we won't don't have to keep poking his little arms! We're still just assuming that all this is stemming from the flu he had a month or so ago, and his little body is still just in recovery mode. We don't know what else it would be since he is showing no other signs that anything is wrong! Anyway, he's a little trooper and has been doing MUCH better each time we have to have the blood taken, so that makes it a little easier. I'll definitely post any news on that front as it happens!
That's all, I'm considering doing the belly pictures again, which means you'll see getting posts from me much more often in the coming weeks, so check back soon!
3 comments:
Congratulations! Don't worry about potty training him until he's ready which seems to be 2 to 3 years old. My second was born when my first was 23 months and she wasn't potty trained. I didn't start until she was almost 2 1/2 and sometimes I wonder if that was too early for her. i totally believe in potty training when they are ready! I also think your bed idea is a great idea! I think I took Star out of her crib to early she stopped taking naps when I did that. She was 22 months old....
I had no idea!! Wow!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to start seeing the belly pictures, would be fun to somehow incorporate Breckin into those, you will laugh someday how small he was when you were pregnant. It's crazy. But it's going to be so fun!! Congrats!!
I hate how people expect your baby to be a big kid, just because they have a little sibling. Don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to! =)
Post a Comment