So, updates on Breckin since he turned one. He's a full time walker/runner. He took his first steps over Thanksgiving, but didn't actually start consistently walking until after we got back from our visit to IL. It's like he was just holding out until he knew he'd be able to do it well (I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a perfectionist!) He's so interested in EVERYTHING and has an incredible talent for figuring out how things work or how to do something after seeing it demonstrated once or twice. He loves playing with other kids and LOVES going to the park (the slide is his favorite followed closely by the swings.) He loves going to the basketball games, especially when he sees his dad sitting on the bench. He gets so excited, squeals and starts waving to him, it's quite precious! He currently has 6 teeth (with two more that will be in any day.) He's recently grown an aversion to napping (which is NOT fun for me! It makes it extra hard to get anything done in the day! Thank goodness for Word World!) He loves giving hugs and kisses, is quite good at waving "bye bye" and sometimes even blows kisses. All in all, he's an exceptional little boy who seems to get cuter and cuter every single day!
As for Bryce, he has been SUPER busy with his teaching load (6 classes: 4 AP, 1 IB and 1 regular) and basketball. He's currently teaching The Great Gatsby which brings him a lot of joy! Basketball season has been pretty exciting so far. The team finished league undefeated (they have only lost 3 times all year!) and are going into playoffs as the 3rd seeded team! Their first playoff game is tonight and we're hoping this is their year to win it all!
I've been keeping busy working from home and chasing after Breckin. I've been working on a few crafts here and there, doing a little sewing and learning how to crochet. I definitely don't have the time to commit to any of those things that I'd like, but it's fun (and necessary) to have a creative outlet. For any who'd heard about the Boy Scouts writing opportunity I recently had, it's currently on hold (sadly) so I looked through my other writing projects and have picked two that I'm gonna focus on "finishing" just to keep my writing muscles from atrophying.
Anyway, that's a quick update on us. I hope to get a new camera soon so I can get back to sharing pictures, which I know is the most exciting part of our blog! :)
1 comment:
good hearing from you finally, now I understand the dearth of news, besides FB of course!
hope you find the camera or at least recover the pix
lots of love from uncdave abd ggma ellen
Post a Comment