Monday, December 6, 2010

Month 12

So, this was a busy month for us! Lots of traveling and visitors and sicknesses going around... Needless to say, we made it through and I can't believe Breckin has turned ONE! This year has just been amazing and that's all due to the fact that Breckin is the most incredible little boy I could ever have asked for! He's been such a blessing in our family in this first year and I know that the joy and blessings will only increase as he grows older!

I was hoping to wait and do this blog entry after his official one year check up and one year pictures were taken, but we've had some unforeseen delays so I figured I'd post what I've got and update later! I did take my own measurements here at home and we'll see how it compares to what the doctor says! According to my calculations, Breckin is 18 lbs. and 30 inches! He's definitely growing longer faster than he's gaining weight! It probably has something to do with the fact that he RARELY stops moving!!

So this month we went to Denver, CO for 5 days. Bryce was attending a teaching conference and we decided to tag along (since the hotel was already paid for and Breckin flies for free we figured why not!) The flight out went smoothly and the first few days were fun. It was actually beautiful weather (didn't need all the "cold weather" clothing I purchased for Breckin on this trip!) On Saturday afternoon Breckin threw up a little on the way to dinner, but he was all smiles and laughing immediately after, so we didn't think anything of it. He threw up again at the restaurant (before we even ordered) so we just left and went back to the hotel. He ended up throwing up pretty consistently from about 5 pm until midnight. It was miserable, needless to say none of us got much sleep that night. Sunday he seemed to be doing better and only threw up once. Monday morning he threw up once and since we were flying back home that day we were a little nervous for how he'd do, but he was a champ and slept most of the flight and didn't throw up once. He only threw up one more time after we got home and seemed to be back to normal after just a couple of days. Bryce ended up getting the sickness on Monday night after we got back home, but it only lasted about a day, thankfully!

My dad and brother, Dan, came in for a visit that same week and we had lots of fun just hanging around and playing with them. We went hiking here in Corona on a path that I didn't even know existed before, so that was fun! They both ended up getting the sickness while they were in town, which was sad, so we didn't do too much the last day they were here. We were sad to see them leave, but we're excited to go back to IL after New Years for a visit!

This year Bryce had the entire week of Thanksgiving off work, which we were very excited about, so we took the opportunity to head up to UT/ID and visit some family for the week. Breckin got to meet his Great Grandpa, Aunt Diane, Uncle David, Uncle Kelly, Aunt Nancy and a bunch of cousins, which was SO much fun! He also got to experience his first snow! There was a ton of it in ID and we talked about doing a picture, but decided to wait until we got back to UT (since Alisha had a bunch of snow clothes we could borrow for him) and then we got back to UT and there was hardly any snow! I'll be kicking myself for that decision for awhile! I ended up getting the sickness while we were in ID, which made the drive back to UT less than fun, but I just tried to sleep it off, which seemed to work, as I was starting to feel better after just a couple of days.

We had a little joint birthday party for Breckin and his cousin Ethan while we were in Utah. We had family and just a few friends there. It was really low key, but nice. Breckin enjoyed his cake and ice cream, but oddly enough, he preferred to eat Saltines (his new favorite food) over the yummy treats! The drive back to CA went well, we only stopped 3 times. Breckin really is a fantastic little traveler, which I'm grateful for since I'm envisioning lots of driving to basketball games in our near future!!

Thanks for stopping by and checking up on us. Now for the pictures!!

Breckin had his first sandbox experience this month!

He always seems to fall asleep holding onto something.
If we don't remember to put his wipes out of his reach he ALWAYS manages to find them and pull half of them out before we notice!

We've got a climber!

He manages to get himself down just fine.
Wow, a miracle, he's looking at the camera AND smiling! It's rare these days!

He loves, loves, loves water!

He loves the Giles girls!
He found some left over Halloween candy and knew exactly what to do with it!
First night in the hotel in Denver, CO.
He's a little bed hog!!
I loved the hat and still made him wear it even though it wasn't that cold!
@The Butterfly Pavilion with Dad!
Uncle Dan being a bad influence :)
@his first football game with Mom, Dad, Gramps, Grandpa and Uncle Dan.
Hiking with Uncle Dan.
More Hiking

Saying goodbye and giving high fives at the airport.
All bundled up in Idaho.
Four Generations of Wonderful Brimhall Men!
Never stops eating! He's always mooching when other people are eating.
It was the storm of the century!
There are finally some teeth in there!
Checking out the cake.
Getting in there.

Yum! This is good!

Happy One Year Old!

We love you Breckin! Thanks for setting the bar so high for your future siblings! They have a lot to live up to :) You're the best!

No comments: