Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Month 11

I feel like I just did a blog entry :) (oh, wait, I just did haha) but I'm trying harder to stay on top of things. This month was a lot of fun with Halloween and all the fun stuff Breckin is starting to do! He's starting to do things for the "reaction" which is cute and not so cute at the same time, because sometimes he thinks something is a game (like when he's pushing the buttons on the TV and we tell him "no" he just laughs and keeps doing it, which makes us laugh, which makes him think it's ok. It's difficult!) He loves to throw a ball (which is more of letting it roll off his hand than throwing, but it's the basic idea.) He's starting to stand a lot more and we're pretty sure walking is just around the corner. Something that he does that's SO cute, is he loves to sit indian style. He will plop down and then make a point to cross his legs, it's really, really cute! He also is loving peek-a-boo. I'll put a blanket over my head and say "where's mommy?" and he'll come out and pull the blanket off and I'll say "here I am" or "peek-a-boo" and then he'll proceed to put the blanket on his head. He loves to play this game with just about anything... and you'll see what I mean below! :)

He's in the process of getting 4 teeth (his top 2 and bottom 2.) It's exciting that it's finally happening, but it's definitely taking it's toll on the little guy. We can definitely tell he's in some pain and discomfort, but he handles it like a champ and pretty much just wants to cuddle a lot, which I'm not complaining too much about (only at 3 am!) He's napping less and waking up more in the night, but it's going a lot better than I expected, so we're grateful for that. Apparently the top 2 are the hardest and take the longest to come in, and those were the first two he started getting, so I guess he just wanted to get the worst of it over with :)

Halloween was fun this year, I bought a little vampire costume at Wal-Mart, but the 6-12 month size was too short (he measured at 28.5 inches a few weeks ago!) so I bought some black tights to put under it, but it still needed a little something, so I found a cape pattern online and made him a black and red cape and I must say... it turned out REALLY cute!! Bryce and I dressed up as characters from the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer (He was Giles and I was Buffy.) It was fun to do a family group costume. Wonder what we'll come up with for next year :) probably something else no one will recognize! Haha. I canNOT believe Breckin turns ONE in just a few weeks. Everyone keeps asking if we're having a big party and to be honest I haven't even thought about what we would do. If we do anything you know there'll be pictures here to check out, so be sure to check back at the beginning of December and see if I was able to throw anything together!! Here are a few pictures from this month:


he loves, loves, loves this Grinch. He fussed when I had to give it to the girl to ring up. It was only $5 so I couldn't resist it!
He turns the living room into a TOTAL disaster and then smiles at me, so I can't be mad!
He's just SO stinkin' cute!
Breckin and his friends (the twins) Rohen and Greyson, enjoying a little Word World.
Me and Breckin out for my birthday dinner.
The cutest little vampire you'll ever see!
He was SO excited to be in his costume! I was actually surprised he kept the cape on!
Giles and Buffy with a precious little vampire!


He likes to pull everything out of my wallet every chance he gets!
One day he was so miserable from his teeth that he wouldn't let go of his binky, not even to take a drink.
"where's breckin?"
"there he is!"
Pumpkin Patch



Hanging out with dad at a volleyball game.

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

I love that you did a Halloween theme. We did too. My daughter wanted to be a pig so we were Charlotte's web. My son a little spider, Erik a farmer and I was a spider web. Your little boy is so cute. He is growing so much my little boy is 8 months old I didn't realize our boys were that close in age. How fun! Well good luck with his one year old party. I did a small family party for my daughter to be honest. the second birthday is more fun. At one they don't really know and understand what's going on so what ever you do I am sure it will be Great.