Friday, July 31, 2009

Sorry for the delay folks!

So it's been many months since I've last posted... and frankly it's because nothing very exciting was going on with us... and then, something REALLY exciting happened.


Yes, I took TWO tests, just to make EXTRA sure one wasn't lying to me! Needless to say, we are VERY excited, but somehow managed to keep the secret for a whole 12 weeks. We told our families over Memorial Day weekend. I made mine and Bryce's mom picture frames that look like Christmas presents, and they have a tag that says "Grandma's Christmas Present" and in the picture part is a note that says "The rest of your Christmas present will be arriving on or around December 5, 2009." It was pretty fun and actually my mom ended up deciding to come out here over Memorial Day weekend, so we were able to tell her in person, which was SO much fun. As for my dad and brothers, I gave them all a reading assignment. My dad got "101 ways to spoil your grandchild" and my brothers both got "The Uncle's Handbook" - everyone (my family and Bryce's) is really excited for us.

The first 10-12 weeks went fairly smoothly, not a lot of morning sickness, hardly any actually, I FELT sick all the time, but never actually got sick, so I can't really complain, although feeling sick isn't any fun either! I was experienced LOTS and LOTS of exhaustion. I was ALWAYS tired. Bryce couldn't understand why I wanted to go to bed by 8:30 pm every night. That's tapered off a little, but I'm still ready for bed much earlier then before. Bryce has been able to get lots of reading done and movies watched in the late night hours after I go to sleep.

No real cravings to speak up, I went through a pineapple phase, which lasted about a week. I also want a Twix bar every time I'm at the grocery store, but I'm not entirely sure I can blame that on the baby! I've been drinking way more milk then I ever have before, which everyone keeps telling me is a good thing. Other then that, I haven't sent Bryce out to the store for anything crazy in the middle of the night.

I wasn't really outwardly looking pregnant until just a couple of weeks ago. Another pregnant lady in my ward kept asking me "are you sure you're pregnant?" whenever she'd see me, I promised her I was and then 2 Sundays ago she said "there it is!" it was pretty funny. Here's the proof for you all to see.


This picture is at about 17/18 weeks, I can't really remember, and I know it's far away, but you can see that there really isn't too much going on in the belly area.

This picture was taken today, by my good friend Kristin, and I'm 22 weeks along, so as you can see, the belly is definitely progressing along - all my jeans will tell you the same thing! I haven't officially moved on to maternity clothes yet, I'm trying to make do with the Bella Band thing and some stretchy skirts for as long as possible!

I'm going to answer a few of the basic questions and let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to share in my upcoming posts!

Yes, I can feel the baby moving, quite a bit actually, but I don't think it's quite strong enough for Bryce to feel it from the outside yet.

NO, we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby yet (so please don't ask!) We decided with the first it would be fun to wait and find out in the delivery room!

Along the same lines, we have briefly discussed names, but seeing as though my husbands is oddly picky about this, we haven't even begun to narrow it down. I'm seriously thinking it'll be a spur of the moment decision right after the baby is born.

Oh and in case you missed it in the beginning of the post, the due date is December 5, 2009.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ultrasound pictures to post :( We went in and saw the baby and did all the measurements and then at the very end the lady was like "oh, my printers broken, so I can't give you any pictures, sorry!" I'm thinking of hitting up one of those independent places and saying "I just want pictures please, don't want to know the sex, thanks!" I will definitely post the pictures if that happens!

Okay, so that's our exciting news. I have a few other things to post about, but I'll give this entry a day or two on it's own before writing more! Hope you're all doing well, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

this made my day :)

Tristen said...

Congratulations!! You are more than halfway there! You look great and the synopsis was fantastically thorough, I don't have any questions! Keep us updated on how you are doing!! And congratulations!

Good luck with the name thing... this time we don't know the baby's gender either so this means we have to narrow down TWO different sets of names. Sigh. Better get on it, since we're due in 4 weeks...

Unknown said...

HURRAH!!!!!!!! Baby Charlemana is on his/her way!!!!!

dannynstephstoddart said...

if you go... they'll ask ya ahead of time if you want to know the sex... it's hard to tell unless they point it out ;) do it.. they are way cool!

Veronica said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!!

Rachel said...

Yay for little Tree Brimhall!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You look so cute pregnant! I love you both!