Tuesday, October 7, 2008

After many requests and much anticipation...

Well, we made it through the summer without much excitement. We started house hunting shortly after Bryce finished school... and we're still hunting. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many times we looked at a house, loved it, and then found out they accepted another offer that same day or the following morning (it's happened at least 5 times!) We're starting to think maybe we'll never buy a house! In the housing markets defense, we are being pretty picky by trying to stay in our current ward boundaries. For those of you who don't know what ward boundaries are, in our church we are divided geographically into "wards" and your ward determines when and where you attend church on Sundays. We've been in the same ward since we got married and we absolutely LOVE it, so we're trying super hard to buy a house in the same area so we can still attend the same ward. However, that's proving MUCH more difficult then we anticipated.

Bryce has officially finished all of his classwork for his Master's Degree... now he just has to deal with that pesky Master's Thesis and he'll be completely finished! He has until February to finish it, but I'm hoping he'll get it done sooner, because the pay increase doesn't go into affect until he does, and pay increases are ALWAYS a good idea! Beyond that Bryce is keeping very busy with his teaching load (2 AP classes, 2 sheltered classes, 1 regular class and basketball.)

As for me, I haven't been up to much, just working, going to the gym and spending time with my Young Women stuff. I did surprise my family last month with a quick 4 day trip back to Chicago. I had a chance for a last minute plane ticket (that was SUPER cheap) so I went back and showed up on my mom's doorstep unannounced, she freaked, it was fun. Unfortunately someone told my dad before I got there, but he was a good sport and tried to pretend he was surprised! Would you believe I didn't take a single picture while I was there - I know, I'm lame! I have been doing a little more writing in my free time (obviously not on the blog here, in case you haven't figured it out, we're pretty boring.) I'm writing a spec (sample) script for a TV show I love and I'm still working on the neverending screenplay (it's not really never ending, I just feel like I've been working on it forever!!) Maybe one of these days I'll complete one of my many projects and put it out in the vast world of Hollywood and see what happens.

Let's see, we have a few exciting things coming up. We're going to see Brian Regan this weekend with our friends Brandon and Sara. Towards the end of the month we're FINALLY going to see Presidents of the United States of America (I bought Bryce the tickets LAST Christmas and the show got canceled and finally rescheduled for this month.) The beginning of next month we're going to see She & Him and a couple of weeks later we're seeing Ben Folds. I should definitely have some pictures to post from all these fun things.

Okay, so as you can see (or read) we are still alive and kicking, just nothing much to kick about. I'll write again as soon as something exciting happens (like us buying a house or Bryce finishing his Thesis!) or as soon as people start requesting another post :) Thanks for stopping by, hope you're well.

1 comment:

Kimberly Grafton said...

Where are you seeing Bryan Regan? Nick and I would love to go see him again. His new stuff is absolutely hilarious.