The second great thing about May was that Bryce's sister and her family came down from Utah for 3 weeks and we got to see our newest nephew! We spent a lot of time in Murrieta hanging out with them. We also took the opportunity to take some family pictures while everyone was around. I don't have copies of the actual group pictures yet, but here's one Britt took of us.
Moving on to June, as of Tuesday, Bryce is officially done with school, which is nice, but it also means that there's more time for BASKETBALL! The team has already played 3 games (we're 2-1 so far) and they have another tournament this weekend! There's no rest for the weary!!
The last exciting thing since my last post is we THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching the Celtics win the NBA championship last night (we stayed up until midnight watching the game because Bryce has basketball camp last night and then we went to dinner with some friends.) I won't lie and say I didn't shed a little tear when Paul Pierce was named the Finals MVP and Kevin Garnett asked Bill Russell if they made him proud! And for any who think we're band wagoners, Bryce's favorite team has been the Celtics since the FIRST grade (just ask him, he'll tell you!) and I've had a crush on Ray Allen since college when I saw him in He Got Game (that kind of counts right? It wasn't my fault the Mavericks stunk it up this year!)
Anyway, as for our summer plans we're hoping to buy a house, Bryce has to write his Master's Thesis, I'm taking an online class through RCC (which will hopefully motivate me to finish my screenplay,) there will no doubt be tons of basketball games/tournaments and somewhere in between we'd like to go back to Illinois and visit my family! Whew! Hopefully we'll be able to fit it all in! I'll try and keep you all posted as it goes along!
8 comments:
GOOOOOOO CELTICS!!!! :D
thats pretty funny that bryce is sitting down and the same height as you sarah.....im glad I found your blog.
http://katyanneatkinson.blogspot.com
check mine out
1. I was cheering on the Celtics too! I really don't like Kobe, so I cheer for anyone who plays against him.
2. That is a really cute picture of you and Bryce.
3. Good luck buying a house! That would be so cool. Nick and I are dying to get in a house with this market but we're not sure if it will be possible
4. You guys rock.
Looks like my comment has been somewhat taken but I'll say it anyway... that is so hilarious that Bryce is sitting and you are standing and are the same height!!! Not that I have any room to talk. It's a priceless picture though :) Oh, and I'm glad you finally put up a new post! Sheesh. LOL
When you say done with school, do you mean for the summer or FOREVER??!! What great news! Cute picture, you guys are such a good-lookin' pair! Keep up the posts, it is so fun to hear from you.
So glad to see your blog address on Ana and Travis's blog! I loved seeing the pictures of your trip to Ireland! Also just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed visiting with both of you at the baby shower!
We're hoping to be able to make it down to Utah to see you guys. Things are a little tight right now with the gas prices and all, but if there is any way we can find to make it happen we will.
I added you to my blogroll, hope that's ok!
Post a Comment