I honestly can't believe it's been 3 months since Harper joined our little family! I've said this before (and I'm sure I'll say it again) it feels like she's always been with us and just fit in so easily and perfectly! I will say she has been quite a trooper these first few months. Breckin continues to love her (a little too much sometimes) and sincerely can't wait until she's able to do more and actually play with him (he's constantly throwing things "to" her or trying to give her toys, books, etc and getting upset when she can't do anything with them.) He's such a sweet big brother, I know one day they will have so much fun playing together.
She's a strong little thing, always wanting to stand on her feet and hold her head up to look around. She's also very happy and starting to become more smiley every day! She rarely cries and when she does most likely she's slept so long that she wakes up EXTREMELY hungry and doesn't know what to do with herself. She does well on her activity mat or in the swing, but these activities can only be done when A) Breckin is napping or B) Mommy (or Daddy) is supervising VERY closely. Breckin thinks Harper wants to be pushed in her swing the way he likes to be pushed in the swing at the park.
Harper has many admirers, including many of Breckin's friends, which I wonder sometimes if that makes him sad at all, that his friends are always SO excited to see Harper, maybe someday he'll be able to tell me what he thinks about that. She does very well going to other people and has started the cute baby talk (goo goo gaa gaa) which everyone seems to eat up.
As far as eating and sleeping, I can't complain on either subject. She doesn't seem to eat as frequently as say a month ago, but she seems to be getting bigger so I'm assuming she's getting plenty of food. She's also recently started sleeping from about 10pm-4am which (if I go to sleep at the same time as her) allows me a great chunk of sleep for the night! She's still in our room mostly because we're not ready to move Breckin out of the crib, so it seems silly to move the pack and play at this point, maybe we'll reassess the situation after Christmas.
I will say for her first official photo shoot she did GREAT and was (of course) as cute as ever! Here are a few of my favorites, can't decide which to hang up yet. I'll hopefully be able to make a decision soon since I actually have frames on the wall now, I need to put something in them!
Starting Jan 2012 my goal is to do a general blog entry once a month, so we'll see how well I keep up on that! I'm hoping it'll motivate me to take more pictures on a regular basis! Check back soon! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment