Sunday, July 4, 2010

Month 7

Another month has come and gone; I can hardly believe it, I don't know where the time is going! A few updates and then the pictures (the real reason to check out the blog!)

Breckin is really becoming quite the eater, we've been trying out all sorts of new foods and food combinations and for the most part he's liked everything we've given him. He eats SO much sometimes I don't understand how it's possible. He'll eat two bowls of cereal then pound 4 oz. of baby food. He's definitely putting on some weight, which is good, I'll be anxious to see his official weight at his next doctor's appointment (at 9 months.)

New foods since last month:
*Sweet Potatoes
*Peas
*Green Beans
*Pears
*Applesauce
*Avocados (the one thing he didn't like! Sometime soon I'll post the video to prove it!)
*Oatmeal cereal
*Yogurt melts

Foods on deck:
*Apricots
*Pumpkin
*Peaches
*Zucchini
*Chicken

He's still rocking the army crawl, but it doesn't keep him from getting ANYwhere he wants whenever he wants! I'm beginning to think he'll never crawl on all fours and go straight to walking from this. I guess we'll see. He's starting to pull himself up on things. He's not really successful most of the time, but he tries REAL hard! We've constructed a make shift barricade to keep him mostly corralled in the family room/office area, however he's starting to figure out how to get between parts of it and he makes a break for it into the foyer/living room area, so we're going to have to figure out something better pretty quick here!

He's still sleeping really well (with the rare exception) and has survived a few 2-3 hour car trips and done quite well with them (we're getting him ready for his first plane ride and from there a car trip that is about 5 hours!)

He loves music and I swear sometimes he's singing along in church or when we're driving in the car. Along with the singing is the NONSTOP talking. Well of course it's nonstop until we get on the webcam with one of my parents or I put the video camera on him and then he doesn't say a word! He's also laughing a lot more which is just fun!

He's figured out how to open the cabinets in the kitchen. He doesn't actually try to get anything inside, he's more interested in the opening and closing of the cabinet at this point, but I know it's only a matter of time, so we're going to install those cabinet lock thingys as soon as we get back from Chicago.

We went swimming for the first time this month and I'm happy to report that Breckin loves the water (unlike his father, but very much like his mother) so that makes our little family 2 against 1 when it comes to going to the beach! Maybe this means we'll go there more often now!

He's still just an incredibly happy and wonderful baby. He loves other kids and does really well with other people are holding him. He occasionally gets that stranger anxiety, but it's rare and goes away pretty quickly. For the most part he makes friends with EVERYONE he comes in contact with!

Lastly, his newest thing is when he's waking up in his crib he'll pull down on the bumper and watch for someone to come get him. It's so cute because when you walk into the room he gets all excited and starts pushing his head into the rails of the crib trying to get out to you! It makes my mornings so much better!!

As for mom and dad, we're both doing well. Bryce survived the school year and had two weeks of basketball camp (basically basketball from morning until night.) Now we're getting ready for our big trip back to IL which we're all really excited about! I've been working on a few creative projects (mostly sewing) and will post pictures as soon as any of them are finished! We're pretty much just loving life and enjoying every second with our precious little boy! He makes every day so fun!
We're trying not to push the basketball thing too much!
Visiting dad at school
Hanging out with dad
This is what happens when dad feeds him!
Helping dad with the snack bar at a basketball tournament.
"Mom, can we watch a movie please?"

He's VERY interested in cords and plugs and anything electronic.
His sleeping position of choice. It's SUPER cute.
HHmmm, peas!
Waiting for someone to come get him from his nap.
The Brimhall Guys in Julian for Preston and Ann's birthdays.
Cool backwards hat guy.


Anyone remember the pictures of Breckin with this pig when he was 2 days old?
He's definitely bigger than the pig now!
Swimming with Mommy.
Having lunch in Malibu.
He fell asleep on the couch and when he woke up he had lines on his face, they lasted quite awhile, he must have slept really hard!

That's all for now... next month I'm sure we'll have LOTS of pictures from our vacation! Check back soon!

1 comment:

dannynstephstoddart said...

I LOVE the sleeping position... Carter does the same thing.. I call it the stinkbug! He's lookin so CUTE! Word of Advice for the plane ride... get him REALLY worn out the day before... take him swimming or something for a few hours.. I just did the plane ride thing. It's MUCH better when they sleep for a large portion of it. They get real tired of being in your lap for long!