Greetings from the crazy Brimhall household... (if it's already crazy with only ONE child, I can't imagine what it'll be like with more someday! I guess by then I'll just have a lot of practice!) Anyway, just a few little updates and a bunch of pictures!
So, this month Breckin had his 4 month check up. He weighed 11 lbs 1 oz and was 23 3/4 inches - the doctor was a little concerned that his weight is so low, so she suggested I start him on solids. I really struggled with the decision and finally decided to compromise - she wanted me to go full board solids (rice cereal for 2 weeks and then bananas, carrots, etc. starting week 3!) I thought that was a little too much (he's still only 4 months!) so I've been doing the rice cereal the last couple of weeks and he's been doing VERY well with it! The first few days he was confused by the spoon (and only wanted to chew on it) but now he actually opens his mouth and leans forward when he sees I have the food on the spoon. It's quite precious! I have to take him back at the end of the month so she can weigh him again and see how he's doing. At that appointment I'll also ask her about reflux. We had some friends come into town a few weekends ago and the wife (a mother of three) commented that maybe Breckin has a little bit of reflux (he does spit up A LOT!) The reason I'd never really thought about it, is he's never been bothered by his spitting up, in fact sometimes he's smiling as it's happening, but still it could help explain his low weight gain.
Anyway, other than that, we're all doing great. Breckin is consistently sleeping through the night (usually 6-8 hours straight) and he makes friends EVERYwhere we go! He's always smiling at people and laughing. We went out to dinner the other night and I think ever waitress in the place found some excuse to come over to our table and see Breckin - it was cute! Now for the pictures....
He LOVES looking at himself in the mirror.
St. Patrick's Day hat from Grammie
A boy after his father's heart - here's Breckin picking his March Madness Bracket!
Taking a nap with his monkey friend
He makes friends EVERYWHERE! hahaha
He was SO cranky one day I put him in "time out" (in his swing) - it only took about 5 minutes before he fell asleep.
Matchy Matchy with his Aunt Britt
LOTS of drool while waiting to see the doctor.
We waited a long time to see the doctor and Dad wasn't too happy about it.
Taking a nap with Dad.
Coming next month... Easter Pictures and Breckin's first hike!
1 comment:
i bet ivan is the same size as him and he is only 5 weeks :)
Post a Comment